Legacy Christian School was founded by Marilyn and Bill Stephens in 1997. It began in association with Western Christian Schools under the name Western Christian PSP. It serves more than 500 homeschooling families and over 1000 students, from grades K to 12 in the Southern California area.
Under the direction of a team, with decades of collective homeschooling experience, Legacy Christian School provides a wide variety of in person events, field trips, classes and activities to support the homeschooling family.
What we believe:
1. The Bible is the inherent, inspired Word of God. Deuteronomy 4:1-2; 2 Timothy 2:15, 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21
2. There is only one true God consisting of three equal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; John 4:24; John 14:6-13; Galatians 4:6; 2 Peter 1:17; Psalm 2:7ff; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:1-18; Hebrews 1:8; Psalm 51:11; 1 John 4:13; Acts 5:3-4
3. God created humankind in His image. Through Adam’s fall all became sinful, lost, and condemned. Each human deliberately chooses to participate in sin and needs Redemption through Christ. Genesis 1:26-30; Ephesians 2:1-22; Romans 1:19-32; Romans 5:12-21
4. Jesus Christ is God’s Son, fully divine and fully human. The atonement for our sins was through His death on the cross. He conquered death through His resurrection and made a way for us to have eternal life. Hebrews 1:1-3; Hebrews 4:14-15; John 1:1-3,14; Luke 1:34-35
5. By the repentance of sins, His grace and through the blood of Jesus we can receive forgiveness and full salvation. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 2:8-22; 1 John 1:6-2:11; Matthew 22:37-38
Some of the many benefits of our school are listed below:
1. Assistance is provided in curriculum selection that meets the needs of each individual family.
2. Annual standardized testing is available, although not required, for all students in grades K-11 (required for K-8). ACSI (the Association of Christian School International) utilizing the Terra Nova 3 test, published by McGraw-Hill, is available for parents to administer to their students. This is one of the most widely respected standardized tests available.
3. Parents are responsible for the education of their child, however, a variety of courses are offered to support parents for all age groups. These classes are taught by talented and proficient teachers, with a variety of degrees, credentials and many years of teaching experience, collectively, and with great skill and knowledge in their respective disciplines.
4. For High School students, full transcript and diploma services are provided, as well as counseling to ensure proper documentation of and adherence to graduation requirements.
5. Community is inspired through our many in-person events, field trips, classes, and support groups. Families are welcome to engage in our community at the level they are most comfortable. We encourage families not to home school alone.
6. Field Trips are organized and planned throughout the year to engage students of all ages.